Rwanda’s Ministry of Health has reported 17 new cases of Covid 19, bringing the number of confirmed cases to 36.
The Ministry said the 17 cases have been isolated, as persons who came into contact with them are being traced.
Rwandan authorities said one contact of a previously confirmed case was identified through tracing.
This news website reported last week that some Rwandan citizens had expressed worry that many of the confirmed cases are examined many days after they get in contact with other Rwandans.
According to the Ministry of Health statement released on Monday night, 2 March 2020, all cases remain in stable condition while people who came in contact have been traced for further management.
In a bid to combat the Corona Virus which has wrecked havoc in the world, the government of Rwanda on Saturday, March 21st 2020, ordered a countrywide lockdown.
Following the order, only essential services are allowed to operate and the country’s borders have been closed to passenger traffic.
A ban was also slapped on non-essential inland travel and all employees both in the public and private sectors will work from home.