Uganda has confirmed 4 new cases of COVID-19 bringing the total cases so far to 18. There are no deaths as yet.
President Yoweri Museveni tweeted on Friday morning that 4 new cases had tested positive of the virus that has so far infected over half a million people globally.
“Yesterday, the 26th of March, another 197 people were tested and many of them were returnees from Dubai or other category one countries, only 4 tested positive,” the President wrote in a tweet.
He said the 4 have been under institutional quarantine in the various hotels identified by the sub-committee on quarantine and that they have since been evacuated to Mulago Hospital for treatment.
Details regarding the new 4 cases are yet to be availed by the Ministry of Health.
He however, said that the brighter side was that out of the 104 tests ran on Wednesday, none came out positive.
“It seems, therefore, that the efforts of identifying by temperature monitoring at the airport, quarantining the people on whom there’s some suspicion and tracing the ones who escaped from the quarantine is working well,” he added.
According to Museveni, the majority of the 14 who are infected with the virus and are hospitalized at Entebbe, Mulago and Masaka “are responding well to the treatment and seem to be improving”.