President Yoweri Museveni has Thursday evening announced changes in the Permanent Secretaries of Ministries in the country, assigning the Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development to economist and policy analyst, Ramathan Ggoobi.
Ggoobi who lecturers economics at Makerere University Business School (MUBS), has co-authored several studies on Uganda’s economy and for the past ten years, has published a weekly column ‘Are You Listening Mr. President’ in The Sunrise Newspaper.
He now replaces Keith Muhakanizi who has been moved to office of the Prime Minister in the same reshuffle.
The changes have also seen Alex Kakooza moved to the Vice President office as the Principal Private Secretary.
Dr Diana Atwiine has been retained as the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Health.
The statement by the President announcing the changes reads;
By virtue of the Powers given to the President by Article 174 (2) of the 1995 Constitution of the Republic of Uganda, I hereby,appoint the following as Permanent Secretaries as indicated below:
1.Head of Public Service and Secretary to Cabinet – Lucy Nakyobe
2.Deputy Head of Public Service And Secretary to Cabinet- Deborah Katuramu
- State House Comptroller – Jane Barekye
- Principal Private Secretar to the President- Kenneth Omona
- Principal Private Secretary to H.E. the Vice President – Alex Kakooza
- Office of the Prime Minister – Keith Muhakanizi
- Office of the President – Yunus Kakande
- Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries – Maj Gen David Kasura
- Ministry of Defence and Veteran Affairs – Rosette Byengoma
- Ministry of Education and Sports – Kate Lamaro
- Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development – Batebe Irene
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs – Vincent Bagiire
- Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development – Dr. Ramathan Ngobi
- Ministry of Gender, Labour and Social Development – Aggrey Kibenge
- Ministry of Health – Dr. Diana Atwiine
- Ministry of Internal Affairs – Lt Gen Joseph Musanyufu
- Ministry of Information,
Communication, Technology and National Guidance – Dr. Amina Zawedde
- Ministry of Justice and Constitutional affairs – Robert Kasande
- Ministry of Lands, Housing and Urban Development – Dorcas Okalany
- Ministry of Local Government – Benjamin Kumumanya
21 Ministry of Trade, Industry and and Cooperatives – Geraldine Ssali
- Ministry of Public Service – Catherine Bitarakwaate
- Ministry of Tourism, Wildlife and Antiquities – Doreen Katusiime
- Ministry of Water and Environment – Alfred Okidi
- Ministry of Works and Transport – Bageya Waiswa
- Secretary to the Judiciary – Pius Bigirimana
- Health Service Commission – Mary T. Wenene
- Public Service Commission – Dr. Godfrey Mbabazi
- Judicial Service Commission – Dr. Nassali Lukwago
- Ministry of Science, Technology
And innovation – Abolished and retired
- Ministry of East African
Community Affairs – Edith Mwanje
- Ethics and Integrity – Alex O. Okello
- Clerk to Parliament – Hon. Adolf Mwesige
34 Inspectorate of Government – Kafeero Rose
35 Education Service Commission – Dr. Asuman Lukwago
Yoweri K. Museveni
President of Uganda
15th July, 2021.